第一课时 Section A （1a—2d）
1. My father always remembers ______ （win） the first prize for the exam.
2. He learned ______ （ride） a bike when he was four years old.
3. Are you looking forward to ______ （travel） in the summer holiday？
4. When I lose my heart， I ______ （encourage） by my teacher and parents.
5. The house ______ （double） in value since I bought it.
The ____ ____ professional basketball has never ____ ____ .
This is the third Sunday ____ ____ ____ that it ____ .
They ____ ____ ____ ____ yesterday.
Everything ____ be ____ ____ ____ .
A： Welcome to I COOL， YOU COOL， madam. How can I help you？
A： This way， please. These are the latest fashion. 2
B： It looks cool. But I don’t like bright green.
A： We’ve got other colors： pink， grey， dark red and yellow.
B： Pink. Could you show me that light pink one？
A： 4 And it’s very thick.
B： I like it. How much does it cost？
A： It was 100 dollars and now it’s only 80 dollars.
B： 5 I’ll take it.
A. That’s a great price.
B. I want to buy a coat.
C. What’s your favorite？
D. Yes， I think it’s my size.
E. What do you think of this one？
F. How much is the bright green one？
G. Certainly！ It’s very beautiful， isn’t it？
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
When Jane was a little girl， she liked keeping pets. Most of Jane’s pets were quite 1 —parrots， cats， dogs， and so on. But one day she met something quite interesting.
That afternoon， Jane’s mother was angry to see a big animal 2 long hair in the kitchen. He wore a T-shirt and was sitting on a chair. In front of him， on the table， were a basket of fruits and a glass of water. “Jane， where are you？” the mother shouted. Then suddenly she remembered that a few days before a young gorilla （大猩猩） called Gore had 3 away from the zoo.
“I found him in the city square，” Jane said. “He seemed so 4 . I talked to him. We became friends at once and he followed me to school.”
“Well， you know you can’t 5 him，” her mother said. “You must send him back to the zoo. You’d better phone the police.”
Soon a 6 and also a truck from the zoo. The policeman knew Jane loved animals. 7 a zookeeper said， “Thank you for your 8 . I can see Gore likes you， but we need him back.” Jane agreed. She 9 Gore and said that she would go and see him at weekends.
These days Jane has 10 collecting animals， but you can still find her with her friend Gore at the zoo on Saturdays and Sundays！
1. A. small B. dangerous C. long D. strange
2. A. in B. with C. on D. for
3. A. given B. put C. taken D. run
4. A. tiny B. popular C. lonely D. silent
5. A. steal B. hurt C. buy D. keep
6. A. teacher B. postman C. policeman D. zookeeper
7. A. So B. But C. And D. Because
8. A. call B. suggestion C. kindness D. attention
9. A. tied B. thanked C. invited D. hugged
10. A. mentioned B. stopped C. tried D. preferred
第二課时 Section A （3a—4b）
care go by keep one’s cool make a mess overcome
1. As time ______ ， fewer and fewer people remembered what had happened to the old man.
2. If we can pull together， we can ______ any difficulty.
3. Even when she argues with others， she tries to ______ .
4. He is a lovely boy， very clever and ______ .
5. Ten children played in my house this morning and they ______ .
1. 每当回忆童年生活，我总是忍不住想念我亲爱的祖母。（look back at）
2. 我认为我会更加努力地为考试学习。（study hard）
3. 我记得我在三年前当过志愿者。（remember doing sth）
4. 你过去常常做什么而现在不做？（used to）
Long ago in a small village， there was a place known as the House of 1，000 Mirrors.
A small， happy little dog learned about this place and decided to visit. When he arrived， he jumped happily up the stairs and to the doorway （门口） of the house. He looked through the doorway. His ears lifted up， and his tail wagged as fast as it could. To his great surprise， he found himself looking at 1，000 other happy little dogs with their tails wagging just as fast as his. He smiled a great smile and was answered with 1，000 great smiles that were just as warm and friendly as his. As he left the house， he thought to himself， “This is a wonderful place. I will come back to visit often.”
In this same village， another little dog， who was not quite as happy as the other one， decided to visit the house. He slowly climbed the stairs and hung （垂下） his head low as he looked into the doorway. When he saw 1，000 unfriendly-looking dogs looking back at him， he growled at them. He was afraid when he saw 1，000 little dogs growling back. As he left， he thought to himself， “That is a terrible place. I will never go back there again.”
All the faces in the world are mirrors of you. What kind of reflections （反映） do you see in the faces of people you meet？
1. Why was the first dog surprised when he entered the house？
A. Everything was strange to him.
B. He found that the dogs looked sad.
C. He didn’t know there were 1，000 mirrors.
D. He saw so many happy dogs smiling at him.
2. Why did the first dog want to visit the house often？
A. He liked the mirrors there.
B. He made many friends there.
C. He felt he was welcomed there.
D. He got lots of knowledge there.
3. How was the second dog feeling when he visited the
A. Unhappy. B. Excited. C. Worried. D. Nervous.
4. The underlined word “growl” in Paragraph 3 probably means “ ” .
A. run B. look C. shout D. smile
5. What does the story mainly tell us？
A. If you show life a smile， life will smile back.
B. Mirrors can tell whether you are happy or not.
C. Everyone in the world should believe in each other.
D. Happy people are more popular than unhappy ones.
第三课时 Section B （1a—1e）
1. Although the man was over 70， he continued to go to college and got a ______ （degree）.
2. The young man worked hard and became a ______ （manage） after two years.
3. We will celebrate our ______ （graduate） tomorrow.
4. The students are planning to have a party to ______ （celebrate） the Children’s Day.
5. I remember ______ （get） a letter from my good friend last year.
The music fans ____ ____ ____ ____ Justin Timberlake.
I think I ____ _____ ____ ____ since Grade 8.
Mother ____ that I can ____ the entrance ____ .
The teachers ____ ____ ____ ____ him.
As a teenager， I am often asked what I am going to be in the future. And my ideal career （理想的工作） is to be a teacher. One of the 1 for that is that I want to be a 2 like Mr Chen.
“Look！ Do you know what it is？ A-ha， it’s the 3 ！ And it will always move around the sun.” Mr Chen said and pointed to his head. He then touched the nose and 4 ， “Can you tell me the name of this mountain？ It is the highest mountain on Earth！ What’s the 5 of it？ Yes， it’s 8844.43 meters…” I’ll never forget my first geography lesson. He was 6 humorous that we all fell in love with his lessons 7 . It’s Mr Chen who opened the door of geography for us.
Generally speaking， most of the teachers are strict 8
students and sometimes a little bit demanding （苛求的）， not so with Mr Chen. He is a lighthouse， showing us the way to the treasure of knowledge. He is a friend and easy to get 9 with， always encouraging us to speak out loud without 10 our shyness and other disadvantages. He is an example， volunteering his time to students and other teachers.
One day I happened to meet him in the hospital. Seeing the wound on his arm， I realized he was donating （捐献） his
11 . I was moved and was 12 another lesson， a lesson of love and devotion.
Every time I see my globe， it would 13 me of Mr Chen. He is the most unforgettable teacher I have
14 met and he will always be. I hope I am 15 to be a teacher like him someday.
1. A. replies B. reasons C. reports D. results
2. A. doctor B. driver C. teacher D. scientist
3. A. moon B. earth C. star D. sun
4. A. advised B. answered C. added D. announced
5. A. distance B. weight C. size D. height
6. A. very B. too C. really D. so
7. A. at present B. at once C. at times D. at first
8. A. with B. to C. in D. for
9. A. away B. alike C. alone D. along
10. A. thinking B. considering C. caring D. supposing
11. A. money B. blood C. clothes D. time
12. A. taught B. given C. taken D. had
13. A. remember B. represent C. review D. remind
14. A. just B. never C. ever D. yet
15. A. able B. sad C. bad D. available
Fire is important in our lives but it can also be very dangerous sometimes. Here are some tips for you when a fire happens.
When you smell smoke or see fire， s 1 “Fire！” as loudly as you can. Get help from your parents or call 119.Tell 119 w 2 you are and what is on fire. Follow 119’s instructions. Never try to put out a fire by y 3 ， even if it’s a small one.
Get out of the room as s 4 as possible. Don’t try to take anything with you. A fire can become very dangerous in a few seconds. If there is a lot of smoke in your room， keep your head and body close t 5 the floor. There is less smoke lower down， so it’s easier to breathe and see where you are going. Test the door b 6 you open it. If it’s too hot， do not open it. Try to find a different way out. N 7
use the lift during a fire. Always use the stairs. A lift may stop working. Don’t go back to the burning house for your pet or anything else you have left behind. The pet animals can often get out of the room on their own before you do.
What if you can’t get out of your room？ Close the door and put a quilt （被子） at the foot of the door. It can stop the s 8 from coming in. Open the window and shout for help. Let people know that you are still inside the building. Don’t stay u 9 the bed. It’s hard for others to find you. So stay by the window on the floor. Keep these tips in mind， they will be u 10 if you are caught in a fire.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
第四课时 Section B （2a—2e）
be thirsty for believe in first of all
look forward to work out
1. ______ ， I must take these magazines to the teacher.
2. This math problem is very difficult， so only few students can ______ .
3. Young people should ______ knowledge.
4. The villagers no longer ______ the little boy at all because they used to be cheated by him.
5. Lara is ______ getting together with her grand-parents this summer vacation.
1. 他比我早一天离开。（ahead of）
2. 太阳升起时他们就出发了。（set out）
4. 一般而言，社会对人们的需求是有责任的。（be responsible for）
Because earthquakes happen without warning， it’s important to take steps now to prepare. You don’t know where you will be when an earthquake happens， so prepare some supplies in your home， workplace， and car.
A person needs at least 1/2 gallon （加侖） of water daily just for drinking. Store at least 1 gallon of water per person per day and be prepared for a 72-hour period. It is suggested that you buy bottled water. Keep bottled water in its original container and do not open it until you need to use it. Also， do check the “use by” date.
It’s always a practical idea to keep a supply of non-perishable （不易腐烂的） food on hand. Have an enough supply of canned food， powdered milk， dried fruits， non-salted nuts and canned juices for at least 72 hours.
Flashlights and Spare Batteries
Keep a flashlight beside your bed， at your place of work， and in your car. Do not use matches or candles after an earthquake until you are sure that no gas leaks.
Prepare a battery-powered radio and spare batteries. Most telephones will be out of order， so radios will be your best source of information.
If you live in a cold place， you must think about warmth. You might not have heat after an earthquake. Think about your clothing and bedding supplies.
1. Earthquakes take place without warning.
2. You shouldn’t open the bottled water until you need it.
3. You should prepare fresh vegetables.
4. Matches but not flashlights can be used first after earth-quakes.
5. If you live in a cold place， you should prepare some warm clothes and bedding supplies.
第五课时 Section B （3a—Self Check）
1. My father often encourages me ______ （practice） speaking English.
2. He ______ （change） since he started junior high school.
3. He has the ability ______ （do） the work.
4 They have some ______ （difficult） in getting to the top of the mountain.
5. The storybook was so interesting that I couldn’t stop ______ （read） it in class yesterday.
1. When is rice often grown？（改为主动语态）
2. Betty likes taking a bus to work. She likes taking the underground to work better.（用prefer... to...合并为一句）
3. Can you tell me how I can get to the park？（改为不定式结构的同义句）
4. “Do you have a QQ number？” The girl wanted to know.（改为复合句）
We’d better develop our interest in English at the beginning of our study. 1 We may feel good when we can say something simple in English.
2 So we must make some plans before study. And we should certainly carry out these plans in our study.
3 Our notes are much thinner than the books so that we can learn them by heart easily and can often review and read them. We may also record our notes on tapes so as to listen to them easily.
Reading a newspaper is the best thing to improve your English. 4 It will help you keep in touch with a lot of subjects in English.
5 Learn by heart the whole sentences and the phrases that contain new words so that we may know how to use the words.
If time permits （允许）， we may read a mini Chinese-English dictionary carefully from cover to cover， which may help us widen our sight and master knowledge in all ways.
A. The more， the better.
B. Plans are always very necessary.
C. Write an e-mail in English carefully.
D. Don’t read books without making notes.
E. Read a little from a newspaper every day.
F. Never just memorize single English words.
G. It’s easy to develop an interest in English study.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
overcome （克服）， give up， confident， succeed
◇ What challenge did you meet？
◇ What did you do in the face of the challenge？
◇ What have you learned from it？