第一课时 Section A （1a—2d）
1. Look， this beautiful ring is ______ （make） of gold and silver.
2. Vegetables are very good for your ______ （health）.
3. He became one of the best ______ （know） actors of his day.
4. English is ______ （wide） spoken all over the world.
5. Data （数据） can be ______ （process） very quickly by present computers.
This area 50 percent of
trees you ？
These plants are at of
This book is famous .
A： Lovely day， isn’t it？
B： Mm， yes. 1 And it’s supposed to get warmer.
A： Yes， that’s true. You know， though， I’m always a little worried to see winter go.
A： Well， I love skating. In fact， I used to teach skating for a living.
B： Oh？ That sounds interesting. 3
A： I work at Bank of America. How about you？
B： No， I’m from Chicago. I’m just visiting here for the wedding.
A： Oh， I see.
B： By the way， 5 I’m Helen White.
A： Nice to meet you. My name is John Smith.
B. It’s very cold.
C. It’s really warm.
D. I’m on the radio station.
E. But what do you do now？
F. I guess I should introduce myself.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Tom is a mild aged man who lives in a quiet village. He grows the nicest vegetables and fruits and the most beautiful flowers in the 1 . Plants grow in Tom’s garden all through the 2 and they are much better.
Tom cuts some flowers for his sitting-room table， eats some fruits and vegetables， but he 3 most of them in the market. His vegetables， fruits and flowers are so 4 and beautiful that they sold much more 5 in the market than those of other villagers.
How does Tom grow these beautiful things？ Actually he is so 6 that he just sits under his orange tree with his
7 . He listens to the music all day.
That is quite true. Tom 8 things in spring， summer， autumn and winter. After that he sits with his radio. And everything 9 . It is the music that does the work. Tom knows more clearly that music makes the biggest vegetables and the most beautiful flowers. Plants love 10 as much as people.
1. A. village B. city C. town D. country
2. A. day B. week C. month D. year
3. A. shows B. sells C. moves D. leaves
4. A. dear B. bad C. big D. smelly
5. A. politely B. quickly C. widely D. carefully
6. A. angry B. busy C. tired D. lazy
7. A. radio B. dog C. watch D. books
8. A. fills B. plants C. throws D. makes
9. A. does B. rises C. grows D. plays
10. A. work B. rain C. stories D. music
第二課时 Section A （3a—4c）
avoid local no matter product traffic accident
1. Five people were injured in a ______ .
2. Tom has been ______ me all week.
3. Excuse me， sir. Do you live ______ ？
4. I’m going on a picnic tomorrow ______ what the whether will be like.
5. The new house was the ______ of two years’ hard work.
2. 就我所知，茶树在中国广泛种植。（tea plants）
4. 我们每个月的第一个星期五做裙子。（make dresses）
You Can Make a Windsock （风筒）！
Have you ever seen a windsock blowing in the wind？ Well， you can make one of your own！ This is a fun project that you can do with things you may have. You just need to follow a few easy steps.
You will need：
● one piece of heavy colored paper ● five ribbons
● strong tape ● a string ● a pencil
What to do：
Step 1： Draw pictures on the paper. You can write your name on it. Do anything that will make it special to you.
Step 2： Make the paper into the shape of a tube. Hold one of the shorter edges （边缘） over the other. Then make them together with the tape at each end and in the middle.
Step 3： Use a pencil to make a hole into both sides of the tube. The holes should be only on one end of the tube. Pull the string through both holes. Then tie the ends of the string together.
Step 4： Now make five holes around the top of the other end of the tube. Put a ribbon through each of the holes. Tie a knot in the ends.
Make sure the knots are bigger than the holes.
Now your windsock is ready to use， but how does it work？ The shape of the tube plays an important part. Wind blows through the tube and makes it fly and dance around. Hold the windsock up in the air by its string and run around. It will fly behind you. You can also hang it outside and watch it dance around on its own！
1. Drawing pictures on the paper can make the windsock
A. fun B. heavy C. strong D. special
2. What is needed for Step 2？
A. Tape. B. Ribbons. C. A pencil. D. A string.
3. What is the next step after you put ribbons through the holes in the tube？
A. Make holes in the tube.
B. Tape the tube together.
C. Tie knots in the ribbons.
D. Put a string through the hole.
4. What is probably the most important to make a windsock work？
A. Its shape. B. Its size.
C. The color. D. The number of the hole.
5. What is the main purpose of this article？
A. To tell an interesting story.
B. To teach an important lesson.
C. To show what a windsock is like.
D. To explain how to make a windsock.
第三课时 Section B （1a—1e）
1. I went skiing in Canada on ______ （I） vacation.
2. Young kids will usually ______ （competitor） for their mother’s attention.
3. Mike is an ______ （international） famous writer.
4. This special festival is ______ （hold） every other year.
5. Teacher told me _____ （finish） this novel by next Friday.
The walls .
I many of kites
I want to
This match .
Robert had just moved into the neighborhood， and he had a strange feeling that he was not wanted. He thought maybe the other 1 were trying to get idea of what he was like. But that didn’t make him feel any less 2 . He was new， and he had to be 3 . Still， proving （证明） himself would not be all 4 easy. He didn’t want to make friends with bad boys or do anything 5 the law to prove that he was 6 . No！ He must show what he was 7 in a good way. That’s how he got his idea.
The next day was Saturday. He 8 that most of the boys would go down to the playground and choose sides for Saturday’s 9 game. Robert knew he was strong. Then the boys would want to be his friends.
He 10 early and did his step exercises. He shot the ball several times and did some other exercises， some of
11 were very difficult and looked cool.
Then the boys came. Robert 12 through what he had done before the game and 13 what he could do. No one said a 14 . The boys just looked at each other and thought about it. When it was all over， the biggest one in the group 15 and shook his hand. Robert knew he had made it.
1. A. women B. men C. girls D. boys
2. A. lonely B. friendly C. happy D. uncertain
3. A. examined B. checked C. corrected D. tested
4. A. even B. that C. too D. much
5. A. for B. against C. on D. about
6. A. weak B. friendly C. strong D. lovely
7. A. made of B. made from C. made for D. made into
8. A. decided B. considered C. realized D. knew
9. A. football B. basketball C. volleyball D. baseball
10. A. arrived B. got C. reached D. appeared
11. A. that B. it C. them D. which
12. A. looked B. went C. lived D. got
13. A. showed B. acted C. played D. gave
14. A. letter B. word C. phrase D. sentence
15. A. cried B. left C. smiled D. stayed
angry bring beside different forget get
luck mend pick same stop turn
Mr Brown had an umbrella shop in a small town. People sometimes 1 him broken umbrellas， and then he took them to a big shop in London. They were 2 there. One day Mr Brown went to London by train. He 3 to take an umbrella with him that day. Sitting in front of him was a man with an umbrella standing 4 the seat. When the train arrived in London， Mr Brown 5 up the umbrella as he often did during his journey by train. Just as he was getting off， he was 6 by the man. He said 7 ， “That’s mine！” Mr Brown’s face 8 red and he gave it back to the man at once. When Mr Brown got to the big shop， the shopkeeper had got his six umbrellas ready. After a good look at each of them， he said， “You’ve mended them very well.” In the afternoon he got into the train again. The 9 man was in the same seat. He looked at Mr Brown and his six umbrellas. “You’ve had a 10 day，” he said.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
第四課时 Section B （2a—2e）
according to celebrate cover with form rise into
1. Let’s make a cake in ______ of her arrival.
2. Everything is ______ white snow.
3. Students are put into different groups ______ their ability and interest.
4. The plane ______ the air within a few seconds.
5. Music is not like most other art ______ .
2. 干燥的天气把树叶变成了绿纸。（dry；turn... into）
Dolphins （海豚） are not fish. They are mammals （哺乳动物）. They live in groups and speak to each other in their own language. But they aren’t the same as almost all land animals. Their brains are as big as men’s and they live a long life—at least 20 or 30 years.
Like some animals， dolphins use some sounds to help them find their ways around. They also use sounds to talk to each other and to help them find food. They don’t use their ears to receive sounds， but use the jaws （下颚）.
It’s strange that dolphins are friendly to men， and for thousands of years， there are many stories about dolphins and men. In the 19th century， in a dangerous part of the sea near New Zealand， there was a dolphin. The seamen liked him very much and gave him a very good name， Jack. From 1871 to 1903， Jack met every boat in the area and showed it the way. In 1903， a passenger on a boat with the name of “The Penguin” shot and hurt Jack. Luckily the dolphin didn’t die， and after a long time he was well again. He guided the ships through the area for nine more years， but he refused to help the boat “The Penguin”.
Today， some people still kill dolphins， but more people in the world protect them.
1. Dolphins are fish.
2. Dolphins use their jaws to receive sounds.
3. Jack is a name of a seaman.
4. At last， Jack didn’t help the ship “The Penguin” any more.
5. More people are protecting dolphins now.
第五课时 Section B （3a—Self Check）
1. I am trying to find out the steps for ______ （shape） tools out of stone.
2. This passage is about the _____ （history） development of the novel.
3. She’s just ______ （complete） a master’s degree in law.
4. Information was ______ （send） out to students who are interested in it.
5. I didn’t see enough of the book ______ （form） an opinion about it.
1. This model plane is made of wood and steel.（对画线部分提問）
2. Jim went to Italy on his vacation.（对画线部分提问）
3. I saw him under the tree yesterday. He was making a clay piece.（合并为一句）
4. The general sent hot-air balloons out to ask for help.（对画线部分提问）
Almost every child in cities has the chance to go to school， but not all in the countryside are so lucky. There is a girl called Xiao Juan. She is ten years old and lives in a small village. When she was seven， she wanted to go to school. But she could not because her family was too poor to afford the school fees （学费）. Instead of studying， Xiao Juan looked after her brother and worked in the fields every day. Then Hope Project heard about Xiao Juan. It agreed to help Xiao Juan to go to school. Her wish came true， and now she is studying in a school. Unluckily， there are thousands of children who can not go to school. You can join in Hope Project and help these children. Hope Project needs your help. With more money donated （捐献）， Hope Project can build new schools， buy good desks， chairs， blackboards and books. Let’s help the children together and give them a chance to have a good start in life.
1. What is the girl’s name？
2. How old is the girl？
3. Where does the girl live？
4. Why couldn’t the girl go to school at first？
5. Who helped the girl to go to school？
你们学校最近就“好朋友的标准”做了一次问卷调查。请你根据调查结果以“What a Good Friend Should Be Like”为题，用英语写一篇短文，并谈谈自己的看法。调查结果如下：
What a Good Friend Should Be Like？