第一課时 Section A （1a—2d）
1. The man should be allowed ______ （have） a part-time job.
2. We’ll go out for a walk if it stops ______ （rain）.
3. The man didn’t seem ______ （understand） that story.
4. Your sister is too young ______ （go） to school.
5. He was sitting alone， _______ （smoke） a big cigarette.
Eleven-year-olds shouldn’t be
their ears .
He those silly .
Teenagers should choose their clothes.
When I was the field， Mom I was safe.
A： Jim， you said you would not stay out late after school， didn’t you？
A： But it’s 10 o’clock now. 2
B： Sorry. I’ve been to the hospital.
A： What？ 3
B： No. I sent Jack to the hospital.
A： Oh， really？ What was wrong with him？
B： He had a terrible headache on the way home.
B： Yes， he is.
A： Good for you， my dear！ I’m very glad you can help others.
A. Were you sick？
B. Yes， Mom， I did.
C. Is he better now？
D. Thank you， Mom.
E. What should I do？
F. Where have you been？
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Is taking a nap （小憩） during the day good or bad for your health？
Many people who often take a nap tell us that it comes with 1 . First of all， you are more efficient （高效的） after napping. You remember things better and make 2 .mistakes. Also， you can learn things more easily after taking a nap. A nap may 3 your self?-confidence （自信） and make you more active. It may even cheer you up.
But there are some simple 4 you should follow about taking a nap. First， take a nap in the 5 of the day， about eight hours after you wake up in the morning. Next， a 20-minute nap is best. If you sleep longer， you may 6 .into a deep sleep. After waking from a deep sleep， you will feel worse. Also， you should set an alarm clock. That way， you can fully relax 7 your nap. You won’t have to keep 8 the clock so you don’t oversleep.
Now， the next time you feel tired after lunch， don’t reach for a coffee！ 9 ， just put your head down， close your eyes， and take a nap. It’s good to have a 10 nap.
1. A. standards B. examples C. advantages D. problems
2. A. easier B. fewer C. more D. less
3. A. explain B. receive C. separate D. increase
4. A. rules B. signs C. tools D. tasks
5. A. start B. end C. center D. middle
6. A. look B. fall C. turn D. break
7. A. before B. during C. after D. beyond
8. A. looking at B. hearing from
C. giving up D. putting off
9. A. Besides B. Also C. Instead D. However
10. A. careful B. delicious C. different D. daily
第二課时 Section A （3a—4c）
keep... away from make one’s own decision
pull down talk back tell
1. How could you ______ to your boss like that？
2. Pierre told them some things he later regretted ______ .
3. Can’t you respect me enough to let me ______ ？
4. Children should ______ the river.
5. They have managed ______ the old building.
1. 我认为16岁的青少年不应该被允许开车。（be allowed to）
3. 你认为青少年应该被鼓励自己做决定吗？（make one’s own decision）
Young people and older people do not always agree. They sometimes have different ideas about living， working and playing. But in one special program in New York State， adults and teenagers live together in a friendly way.
Each summer 200 teenagers and 50 adults live together for eight weeks as members of a special work group. Everyone works several hours each day. They do so not just to keep busy but to find meaning and fun in work. Some teenagers work in the forests or on the farms near the village. Some learn to make things like tables and chairs and to build houses. The adults teach them these skills.
There are several free hours each day. Weekends are free， too. During the free hours some of the teenagers learn photo-taking or drawing. Others sit around and talk or sing. Each teenager chooses his own way to pass his free time.
When people live together， they should have rules. In this program the teenagers and the adults make the rules together. If someone breaks a rule， the problem goes before the whole group. They talk about it and ask， “Why did it happen？ What should we do about it？”
One of the teenagers has said something about it， “You have to stop thinking only about yourself. You learn how to think about the group.”
1. In one special program in New York State， young and older people ___ .
A. live together like friends
B. work hard and well in the same place
C. teach one another new ways of building houses
D. spend eight weeks together， working as farmers
2. What are the group members mainly working for every day？
A. Leading a busy life.
B. Learning new skills of farming.
C. Getting used to the life on the farms.
D. Finding useful things and pleasure in work.
3. The group members ___ .
A. don’t have to follow the rules
B. have no free time but on weekends
C. have to follow the rules the adults make
D. shouldn’t break the rules they make together
4. How does the teenager think of the program according to the last paragraph？
A. Pleasant. B. Helpful.
C. Boring. D. Tiring.
5. What could be the best title of the passage？
A. Free Hours in the Special Work Group
B. Teenagers and Adults Together
C. The Rules of Living Together
D. Life in New York State
第三課时 Section B （1a—1e）
1. She wanted to get her bike ______ （repair）.
2. My brother is old enough ______ （join） the army.
3. Mr Zhang ______ （teach） us history last year.
4. Jack played computer games instead of ______ （do）
5. Till this day I do not regret ______ （say） those words.
When I was a baby all night， Mom sang for me and my side.
He is his school team and has always wanted to be a runner when he .
The car is coming. Don’t
I a in Suzhou last year.
My life is always filled with sadness and little joy. However， no matter what happens， I can always —–1— it bravely.
Last year， I couldn’t believe the 2 that I was allowed to enter the only key high school in my hometown. Then I rushed to my home and told my 3 . But my father didn’t seem as 4 as I was. He just kept smoking without saying a word and my mother put her head down and couldn’t help 5 .
I knew very well what my family was 6 . My mom had been ill in bed for 2 years. We lived a 7 life and I couldn’t continue my schooling. I felt so upset but I could say 8 to my parents. I decided to help my father with his work to 9 my family.
To my surprise， things completely changed 10 the beginning of the new term. My head teacher came to my family with some money， which had been 11 by my schoolmates. He encouraged me， “Always have a dream.”
12 tears in my eyes， I stepped into the key high school.
I have been studying hard since I entered the high school. Whenever I meet difficulties， I always 13 of my teacher and schoolmates. I have a college dream and I must work hard for it， no matter 14 hard life is. Just as a great man says， “When one door shuts， 15 opens in life.”
1. A. solve B. meet C. face D. make
2. A. idea B. news C. story D. thought
3. A. teachers B. parents C. sisters D. brothers
4. A. nervous B. interested C. excited D. worried
5. A. laughing B. crying C. saying D. shouting
6. A. about B. before C. like D. against
7. A. hard B. happy C. nice D. rich
8. A. everything B. something C. anything D. nothing
9. A. leave B. stop C. support D. fire
10. A. after B. since C. before D. on
11. A. spent B. raised C. planned D. saved
12. A. From B. Between C. With D. Without
13. A. think B. dream C. hear D. talk
14. A. what B. which C. how D. that
15. A. other B. others C. the other D. another
because drive has help in leave
loud present stop thank till when
One day a young man had to stop his car soon after he started for London 1 he heard a strange noise from the back of his car. He got out and examined the wheels carefully， but as he found nothing wrong， he went on. The noise began at once and now it was even 2 . He turned his head and saw something that looked like a big， dark cloud following his car. When he 3 at a village， he was told that a queen bee （蜂王） must be somewhere 4 his car as there were thousands of bees around.
To get away from the bees， the man 5 away quickly and after some time arrived in London. He 6 his car outside a house and went in to have a drink. 7 a door keeper hurried in to tell him that his car was covered with bees the poor young man 8 to telephone the policeman and told him what had happened. The policeman sent him a bee-keeper soon， who found the passenger， a queen bee， near the wheels. He was very 9 to the young man for his 10 . He took the bees home in a box. The young man drove away happily.
第四课时 Section B （2a—2e）
be strict with make sure move out
stay out talk back
1. I ______ to my parents when they asked me to stop playing games on the iPad.
2. I just think why they ______ me all the time.
3. That’s because they want to ______ you are doing your best to be a good boy.
4. For example， I am not allowed ______ in the evening.
5. Sometimes I can’t stand their endless talking and I even want to ______ .
1. 他好像对运动更感兴趣。（be interested in）
2. 作为中学生，我们不被允许戴耳环。（be allowed to）
Some people believe that your nationality can influence your personality （个性）. This is why you might hear someone saying “She is a typical Australian” or “He is so French”. It seems that people from a certain country share certain similar characteristics （特征）.
French people are often seen as romantic （浪漫的） and outgoing people with a great love for life， food and wine. They are good at singing and dancing.
Chinese are friendly people who are hard-working. They are polite because they are careful about “saving face” when dealing with other people.
Australians are happy people who spend a lot of time outdoors. They enjoy a slower life. They laugh a lot but sometimes people think they are loud and rude.
Germans are often described as being serious and careful. They are hard workers and pay a lot of attention to details （細节）. However， sometimes people say Germans have no sense of humor.
All these national types can be true for some people， but very wrong for others. For example， you might meet a German who is a confident singer with a great sense of humor， or an Australian who is shy and quiet！
1. Some people believe that your nationality can influence your personality.
2. People from the same country share the same characteristics.
3. English people are often regarded as romantic and outgoing people.
4. Chinese people are polite because they are careful about “saving face” when dealing with other people.
5. People from Germany pay a lot of attention to details.
第五课时 Section B （3a—Self Check）
1. I’m worried about the ______ （safe） of the product.
2. When I realized my mistake， I ______ （regret） not taking my mother’s advice.
3. Teens should be ______ （educate） to be polite to the elderly.
4. ______ （smoke） is not allowed in this area.
5. It’s hard for me to make a ______ （decide） right.
1. Teachers should encourage students to speak out their own thoughts.（改为被动语态）
2. Trees must be planted in spring.（改为一般疑问句）
3. I’d like to answer your question in another way.（替换画线部分，改为同义句）
4. Students should be taught how to manage their own lives by their parents.（对画线部分提问）
Tom Smith was a writer. He wrote detective （侦探） stories for magazines. One evening he could not find an end for a story. He sat with his pen in front of him. 1 So he decided to go to the cinema.
2 The man had a drink， smoked several of Tom’s cigarettes （香煙） and read the story. The man left a note， “I have read your story and I don’t think much of it. 3 By the way， I am a thief. I am not going to steal anything tonight. But if you become a famous writer， I will return.”
4 Then he sat down and finished the story. 5
But when he goes out in the evening， however， he always leaves a half-finished story on his desk.
A. But he had no idea.
B. Tom is famous now.
C. Tom read the thief’s advice.
D. Tom is still not a famous writer.
E. He found someone had broken into his house when
he came back.
F. Please read my advice and you can write a wonderful
G. Please write down my advice and you can finish your
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
俗话说，“无规矩不成方圆”。每个人的家中皆有家规，请你以“My Opinions on Family Rules”为题，谈谈你家的家规及你对家规的看法。
My Opinions on Family Rules
留学丨Lose Face才能Learn English
双语丨The Science of Hallowe'en 万圣节背后的科
晨读行动 | 想要更有智慧？化身旁观者
纯干货 | 读英文原著，学英语表达(7)