第一课时 Section A （1a—2d）
1. I think that the pen was ______ （invent） by Waterman.
2. I’d like three ______ （scoop） of ice cream， please.
3. The guidebook _____ （list） 1，000 hotels and restaurants.
4. That plate is used for ______ （serve） fish.
5. Our room is heated by ______ （electric）.
Do you know ？
Our new has .
There is .
Different of in that store.
M： Excuse me. 1
W： I’m sorry. Have you seen the sign on the wall， “No smoking”？
M： Oh， sorry. Where can I smoke on this floor， please？
W： I’m afraid it’s not allowed in the whole building.
M： Oh dear！ 2
W： Sure. Help yourself， over there.
M： Thank you very much.
W： Don’t you know smoking is not good for your health， young man？
M： 3 I tried many times to give it up， but I failed.
W： Yes， it’s hard to stop！ But if you have the nonsmokers’ health and well-being in mind， you might succeed.
M： You’re right！ Thanks very much. I’ll try again to kick my smoking habit.
W： That’s OK. Well， if you’re feeling bad now， you can smoke
outside， in the open air， of course.
M： Oh， no！ 5
W： That’s great！
A. Yes， I do.
B. No， I don’t.
C. I’ll start from now on！
D. When I smoke， I feel good.
E. Would you mind if I smoke here？
F. When I go without it， I feel very bad.
G. I wonder if I could have a glass of water.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
What is the best way to study？ This is a very important question. Some Chinese students often study very hard 1 long hours. This is a 2 habit （習惯）， but it is not a better way to 3 . A good student must 4 enough sleep， enough food and enough rest. Every 5 you need to take a walk or play basketball or ping-pong or sing a song. When you 6 to your studies， you’ll find yourself
7 than before and you’ll learn more.
Perhaps we can 8 that learning English is like taking Chinese medicine， we mean that like Chinese medicine， the effects （效果） of your study come slowly but 9 . Learn every day and effects will 10 just like Chinese medicine.
1. A. at B. in C. for D. with
2. A. better B. worse C. good D. bad
3. A. play B. study C. sleep D. rest
4. A. have B. do C. want D. make
5. A. month B. week C. hour D. day
6. A. begin B. return C. go D. are
7. A. stronger B. weaker C. strongest D. weakest
8. A. say B. guess C. talk D. know
9. A. lately B. quickly C. surely D. hopefully
10. A. wake B. come C. give D. get
第二课时 Section A （3a—4c）
by accident doubt fall into national take place
1. One false step can mean ______ trouble.
2. The concert ______ last weekend.
3. There is no ______ that we did the wrong thing.
4. I found her letter ______ as I was looking for my book.
5. The children were wearing traditional ______ dress.
1. 电话毫无疑问是贝尔在1876年发明的。（without doubt）
2. 这间屋子突然变黑了。（all of a sudden）
Technology is greatly affecting all ways of our lives， Here are some examples of modern technology that will change our ideas and will affect our lives greatly.
Global Positioning System （GPS） （全球定位系统）
It’s a system that uses radio signals from satellites to show exact （精确的） information. It tells you where the user is on the earth in all weather conditions. It’s made up of three parts： satellites， control equipments （设备） on land and receivers.
Russian and American scientists have worked together for the International Space Station （ISS） for a long time.They hope the ISS will provide a long-lasting lab. Such a lab will bring humans limitless （无限的） advantages. It’s even hoped that one day space technology will take humans to their new houses in space.
Hercules is a kind of underwater robot with some high technology equipments. It will be used to search for ancient ships which were destroyed into the deep sea during their journey long ago.
The world is changing so quickly that it’s hard for us to catch up with all the new inventions because they seem to come out every month. It’s important for us to learn about new technology and the role that it plays in our lives. So we should be willing to accept modern technology， or we will fall behind the times.
1. What can tell you where the user is on the earth exactly？
A. GPS. B. Satellites.
C. Receivers. D. Underwater Robot.
2. Which is TRUE about the ISS？
a. It has carried people to other planets.
b. It will provide a long-lasting lab for us.
c. Humans will get a lot of advantages from it.
d. Russian and American scientists are working for it.
A. a， b， c B. a， c， d
C. a， b， d D. b， c， d
3. Hercules is used to .
A. save lives in the sea
B. take pictures in the sea
C. repair the broken ships
D. look for the ancient ships in the sea
4. What does the last paragraph mainly tell us？
A. New technology doesn’t play an important part in our lives.
B. It’s easy for us to catch up with all the new inventions.
C. It’s very important for us to learn about new technology.
D. We won’t fall behind the times if we don’t accept modern technology.
5. What is the purpose of the writer’s writing this passage？
A. To help us study some new technology.
B. To tell us technology is changing the world.
C. To help solve the problems that technology causes.
D. To remind us the advantages of technology are limitless.
第三課时 Section B （1a—1e）
1. This dish is too ______ （salt） for me.
2. The man who ______ （cook） the food must be a really good ______ （cook）.
3. His paper is full of spelling ______ （mistake）.
4. We have ______ （similar） views on this play.
5. I didn’t train ______ （enough） for the game.
He dollars .
I your bag of mine
Mr Wilson is regular
I bought this .
About 70，000，000 Americans are trying to lose weight. That is almost one third of people in the United States. Some people eat 1 food and they hardly have any fats or sweets. Others do running， exercise with machines， take medicines， or even have operations （手术）. 2 you can see losing weight is 3 work， and it will also cost a lot of money. But 4 do so many people in the United States want to lose weight？
Many people in the United States 5 about their look of the body. For many people， looking nice also means to be thin. Other people worry about their health as many doctors
6 overweight （超重） is not good.
Most people want to find a rather 7 way to take off fat， and books of this kind are very popular. These books tell people how to lose weight. Each year a lot of new books like these are 8 . Each one says it can easily help people take fat away.
Losing weight can be 9 . Some overweight people go to health centers， like La Costa in California. Men and women 10 several hundred dollars a day at these health centers. People live there for one week or two， 11 exercise， and eating different foods. Meals there may be just a little. All these work for losing weight. 12 4 days on the program， one woman called Mrs Warren lost 5 pounds （2.27kg）. At $400 a day， she spent $320 to lose each pound. But she said she was still 13 to do so.
Health centers， books， medicines， operations， running and exercise machines all 14 a lot of money. So in the United States， losing weight may mean losing 15 too. This is a never-ending war in the USA.
1. A. less B. nicer C. cheaper D. faster
2. A. For B. So C. Or D. And
3. A. good B. useful C. hard D. important
4. A. why B. what C. how D. when
5. A. think B. worry C. guess D. know
6. A. talk B. say C. speak D. tell
7. A. dearer B. clever C. shorter D. easier
8. A. bought B. given C. written D. copied
9. A. exciting B. expensive C. pleasing D. safe
10. A. pay B. cost C. find D. making
11. A. missing B. taking C. playing D. using
12. A. Before B. In C. After D. At
13. A. sorry B. angry C. sad D. glad
14. A. need B. have C. lose D. get
15. A. health B. time C. food D. money
“Dreams may be more important than sleep. We all need to dream，” some scientists say.
Dreams take up about one quarter of our s 1 time.
People have several d 2 each night. Dreams are like short films. They are usually in color. Some dreams are l 3
old films. They come to us over and over a 4 . That may be because the dreamer is worrying about something. Dreaming may be a way of trying to find an answer.
Some people get new ideas a 5 their work from dreams. They may have been t 6 about their work all day. These thoughts can be carried over into dreams.
Sometimes we w 7 up with a good feeling from a dream. But often we can’t remember the dream. Dreams can disappear q 8 from memory.
Too much dreaming can be harmful. The m 9 we sleep， the longer we dream. The mind is hard at work when we dream. That is w 10 we may have a long sleep but still wake up tired.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
第四課时 Section B （2a—2e）
divide... into hero in history
look up to profession
1. He dealt with the problem in a highly ______ way.
2. I’ve always ______ Bill for his courage.
3. When was the first football game ______ played？
4. A sentence can be ______ small parts.
5. He became a national ______ for his part in the war.
1. 吉姆今早不但起得晚，而且书也忘带了。（not only... but also）
2. 我以前常常梦想当将军。（used to；general）
4. 据说这对夫妇已经离开这个国家了。（It is said...）
Some birthday customs are quite similar in many parts of the world—birthday candles， birthday games， and birthday cakes. But some customs are more specific （特定的） to certain countries. Here are some children talking about their customs.
Linda—I am fourteen. I come from Aruba. In our country， children take something special to school for their classmates and all teachers. Each teacher gives the birthday child a small gift like a pencil， an eraser or a postcard. The birthday child is also allowed to wear special clothes instead of the school uniform.
Lucy—I am one year older than Linda. Denmark is my country. A flag is flown outside a window to show that someone who lives in that house is having a birthday. Presents are placed around the child’s bed while they are sleeping so they will see them at once when they wake up.
Tom—I am as old as Linda. I am from Brazil. The birthday child receives a pull on the earlobe （耳垂） for each year in my country. The birthday person also gives the first slice （块） of cake to his or her most special friend or relative， usually Mom or Dad.
Names Countries Ages Special Customs
Linda Aruba Fourteen Each teacher receives something special from —–1— and gives him or her a small gift.
Lucy Denmark —–2— If you see —–3— flying outside a window， you may know someone in that house is having a birthday.
Tom —–4— Fourteen —–5— of the birthday cake is usually given to Mom or Dad.
1. 2. 3.
第五课时 Section B （3a—Self Check）
1. That man asked us not ______ （drink） the water.
2. After seeing all the model planes， we ______ （decide） on this one.
3. Not only _____ （be） John brave， but also he is
4. They’ve put up walls to stop animals from ______ （get） through.
5. We want more information about ______ （invent） of last century.
1. The zipper was invented by Whitcomb Judson in 1893. （對画线部分提问）
2. Tea was invented by accident.（对画线部分提问）
3. Frank divided the cake into two pieces.（改为被动句）
4. Potato chips are crispy. Potato chips are salty.（用not only... but also... 合并为一句）
The summer holiday is coming， which is a relaxing time for sleeping， eating good meals and seeing old friends. Try to take some time off from school and spend a few weeks of fun. Here are some ideas for planning your summer holiday.
First of all， joining a club is a good choice！ You can join a music club， a sports club or an art club. It’s good for your future development and the teachers in the club can give you good advice.
Doing something good for society is also great. There are many volunteer programs for you to choose from， such as looking after the old or the young， cleaning the streets， planting trees or keeping the traffic in order. You know that teens can also make the world better.
Have you ever lived with another family？ You can join in a program called “Meeting a New Family”. Two families exchange their children for some time so that they can learn how to get on well with others.
Summer camp is still popular today. An English summer camp may be a good choice. You can not only make friends but also practice your English.
1. What is the passage about？
2. Which club can you join to learn drawing？
3. How can teens make the world better？
4. What can you learn if you join in “Meeting a New Family”？
5. What can you do in an English summer camp？
The Most Useful Invention
《悲惨世界》Day2 | 我曾梦见的那种人生，与这人
China: Time of Xi | 《中国：习近平时代》